#69   ^
Old Mon, Nov-23-20, 04:20

Plan: South Beach Stillman QWL
Stats: 226/214.6/140 Female 5ft10 3/4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHSB
Sounds like you are doing really well! You can achieve 10 pounds by Christmas!

My near-term goal is to weigh less at my upcoming Dec 3rd physical than I did at my last physical (4 years ago)...I really want to avoid that “you gained weight, watch those calories!” lecture.

I had been maintaining at 148 plus or minus 1/2 pound for about 3 months (even with all the fasting, strength training and “intending” to eat low carb...guess my occasional deviations are too common). My few days of off-plan eating this past week has put me over 150. US Thanksgiving is this Thursday - that usually adds a pound or two. I need to weigh 147 in the morning of the appointment to look like I have it under control. Silly, I know this is temporary water weight, but I hate that lecture!

My next goal is to avoid holiday weight gain. I would love to go into January below 148. The past two years I have gained 7 or more pounds through the holidays, then struggled to shed that through the year. It would be nice to start next year’s fat-shed effort from where I am now...not 7 pounds heavier.

Yes, 10lbs is definitely doable - more would be nice but I’ll settle for 10.

You’ll drop that extra weight in no time. Also, maybe the strength training has increased your numbers a little due to the muscle, fat thing? Totally possible. Do you measure? I always intend to measure but get lazy with it.

Oh yes, of course, Thanksgiving is coming up! We have nothing like that here so the only thing I’m concerned about is Christmas - I don’t want any more than 2 days off plan. I placed my main Xmas order (Meats, poultry, cakes, starters etc) a few weeks back... I might need to edit it if there’s still time (not sure of the cut off date) or it will be an excuse to eat off plan for the whole week of Christmas because I’m sure I’ve ordered too much.

How’s your Monday going?