View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-19, 11:17

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
“It’s about keeping your body within a healthy weight range, taking regular exercise, a diet rich in fruit and vegetables, lean meat products, limiting alcohol intake.

“Obesity is now one of the greatest challenges facing the world,” she said.

Today she will present a body of evidence about the impact of weight on breast cancer, including studies which suggest every 11 lbs weight gain increases the risk of the disease by up to eight per cent.

Her lecture will also highlight studies showing that those following at least five healthy lifestyle tips drawn up by the World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) had a 60 per cent lower risk of breast cancer.

The advice includes staying a healthy weight, being physically active and limiting alcohol, salt and meat.

Same old song and dance. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, and limit meat and salt. I don't recall alcohol being cited too often, but it seems now they're pointing to alcohol too. At least they didn't specify dietary fats as a culprit, and push everyone to eat a bushel of whole grains daily.

And I agree with GRB - I've known people who were never even the least bit overweight who developed cancer, just like I've known those who are overweight who have developed cancer.

Oddly enough among those I've known who had cancer, those who are overweight tend to better withstand the ravages on the body from chemo treatments, and survive cancer longer, or even beat it altogether, while those who are in the normal weight range when diagnosed don't have any reserves to rely on to survive the severity of the cancer treatments to begin with. That's just my observation among those I've known though -statistically, that may not be the case.