#4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-24, 09:59

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
At last! I was waiting for someone in "news" to put one and one together. Seeing this is cheering.

Let me call my plan the anti-cancer diet, and see people's heads turn, she plotted. I can do that now.

Italics because until we go back to sealing them up in locked wards or something, it won't change. They are facing a very serious and possibly terminal disease and they won't change the way they eat. Not even to save their life.

I think I may have mentioned this elsewhere - I had 2 close friends who died from cancer.

They were both on vegan diets to try to cure their cancer. One was on a juice diet (no bottled/pre made juices - all juices were made from fresh fruits and vegetables). The other was on a raw diet - in both cases definitely vegan, no animal products of any kind. All carbs, extremely low in protein, virtually no fat of any kind.

In both cases, the change in diet was extreme, and they followed it to the letter. They were willing to make the change - it's just that the change didn't help, and very likely just fed their cancers.

(Although in all likelihood, since in both cases the cancer had metastasized into multiple organs before it was even diagnosed to begin with, they had little chance of survival no matter what they did. But you never know - if they'd gone completely carnivore, perhaps it would have starved the cancer cells.)