View Single Post
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Mar-11-16, 23:22

Plan: Deciding
Stats: 240/240/200 Male 73.2
BF:
Progress:

I have not read this latest book yet. I actually only discovered Dr. Fung through my dad a couple of weeks back, which is also how I also found threads about his theory here (plus a lot of great info on how to proceed). The reason why my dad suggested this is because he knew I had been LCHF for about 2 months and had not dropped a single pound, plus my BS did not want to go below the 155-210 range. I was so desperate that I went into obsessive mode the last month tracking all my macros to make sure I was within the right ranges. I even resorted to Atkins 72 and still, no progress. So since I was at my wits end, I figured what do I have to lose and decided to go this route.

I kept my diet the same, but stopped obsessively charting every single detail because that was driving me crazy. Then I included intermittent fasting (32hrs x3 days a week). In the first couple of days not much changed, but then I noticed my BS started to slowly go down. Started dropping faster by day 5. My morning fasting BS has been 137 or less the last 3 days and it has actually stabilized at around 101 to 110 most of the day. I am finishing up a fast day right now and its is currently at 84. So keeping my diet the same and making this one little change has caused my BS to plummet to healthier levels and for the first time in months I have started losing weight. The one side effect I have noticed for me is that my mouth feels much dryer and I am thirsty. Normally I would say I was dehydrated, but I am not and I drink around 170 to 185 ounces of water per day. So not sure why this is happening.

Favorite thing about fast days: You are allowed bone broth and spices! I make homemade beef bone broth (so easy, but takes a couple of days) in the crockpot and then season it the exact same way I season my chili. I typically have the broth once or twice a day if I need it. The 8oz cup of chili fat is so filling and it really makes my tastebuds happy.