View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-21-18, 10:21

Plan: Ketogenic and OMAD
Stats: 325/283/185 Male 69 inches
BF:Sorry, don't know
Progress: 30%

Hello Grav,

Even though I've just been diagnosed as having 'Type 2 Diabetes,' with the diagnosis being made at the end of April, (some three weeks ago) I'm not on medication of any kind.

Hopefully, I don't intend to be on any medication either...if I can possibly avoid it? I told him I intend to entrust my reversal of this diagnosis, to my Ketogenic Diet plan.

When I told the Doctor this was my preference and plan, particularly when I think I showed him I had some past experience and a basic knowledge...not only did he not argue against it, he was mildly supportive. Which did surprise me somewhat, as I expected it to be challenged? Saying he'd allow me 3 months, before retesting my blood sugar levels again, to give the diet time to work.

I'm now eagerly trying to learn (online) all I can about various aspects of Low-Carb diets. For me though, the only confusion comes from slightly different advice being offered from different diets plans.

Compounded, by not knowing if the advice offered, is meant for people like me in the 'Induction phase,' or intended to be for those in later stages, or not even weight loss related, just 'lifestyle' advice?

I've been most interested in the Dr. Berg Channel on YouTube, which provides a whole range of specific, plainly spoken truths, in 'bite-sized' video lengths, that will prove invaluable to me as my knowledge grows?

As I have to admit to being disappointed with my weight losses during these first three weeks. Losing 5lbs, then 2lbs, then on weighing again today, only 1lb. So that's a miserable total of only 8lbs in the first 3 weeks!?

Which is nowhere near as successful as my first go at the Ketogenic Diet, back in 2011...when, in my first week, I lost an impressive 15lbs! If I'd lost 8lbs over 3 weeks in two/three months from now, I'd be delighted! But with much of the loss to date, probably being attributable to 'water loss,' it's not impressing me! I must be doing something wrong???

This time I'm not buying the 'Natural Ketosis' food packets, I'm buying my ingredients from local supermarkets, in 'designing' my own Keto version, using basic foodstuffs from 'acceptable food' lists.

The good news is though Grav, it does appear I'm losing inches off my belly, so that's helping to keep me motivated currently. I will persevere and I will succeed, I just need to tweak one or two things probably?

However, comments about people not losing as much on new diets, as in previous attempts, does stick in my mind at the moment. Is this what's happening to me I wonder?