View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-01-24, 17:30

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Hi, Jey
Thanks for responding. My hope for her is that I can find a doctor with whom I can relax and trust to guide her with the most current and common sense diabetes knowledge.
For instance, I have heard, of course, that the expectations regarding A!C are different, regarding the elderly. But I've never known how to determine whether or not that was valid. I want a doctor I can trust to know best how to help her. I think we can
improve her cognition, because she does better when her sugars are lower. I also think we can mitigate her hypertension. Her ankles used to be swollen and now they aren't. She has excellent circulation all the way to her feet and that's not nothing.
I know that there isn't any chance she would improve to the degree that would be possible from a better starting point, but if I don't do my best for her, we may as well put her in a nursing home and let the chips fall where they may.

Edited to add:
She gets around with a walker, is about half independent with dressing and pretty close to fully able with her toilet. Her daughter and I do her showers. I am able to monitor any lows, as I use the Dexcom Follow app with her cgm. We almost never leave her alone, as my husband and I have moved in with her. He is still working full time but I am home with her.