View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 11:24
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Just wanted to update because my health keeps changing. My intestines got really bad around the first of 2006 even after I gave up diary products. It seems like this happens some times, when you get off the things you're intolerant to, you get worse for awhile. My brain fog and hypothyroid symptoms came back too. For awhile I was getting too hyper on any amount of Armour thyroid, but without any, I get hypo. Really was confusing! For now I'm backing off the T4 (synthroid) just a bit and making sure I get 1/2 grain of Armour every day. This seems to be helping.

I also started the SCD diet which seems to be working really well at healing my gut. The goal is to avoid eating anything that isn't digested by the human and might go feed the beasties lurking in the bowels. I've further restricted various other food groups that are connected with arthritis. Actually, I'm really following a Paleo type of diet, although it wasn't my original goal.

It seems to me like I have another autoimmune disorder going on. Possibly Lupus or Sjogren's. I'm seeing a rheumy to identify that and I am hoping that keeping down immune responses from food intolerances will hold that nonsense at bay.

I have noticed that if I eat something bad (get glutened or caseined) I immediately get a terrible feeling of brain-fog.