View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-23, 13:53

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I invested in the new food science book, Unprocessed.

A few months ago I stopped improving, and the only thing I’d added was protein shakes, which brought great improvement. I found Naked Whey right here, switched to that, and continued getting better.

Then I found a paper on how common artificial emulsifiers are like taking Leaky Gut Pills. all shake mixes have emulsifiers. I have to use coconut oil, cold water, and a big whisk to make mine lump-free, and I try to have a NO cocoa version, but it acts as an emulsifier. So is that automatically bad?

I don’t know. Eggs are, too. So there you are.

Cocoa, I’ve decided, will be a dose makes the poison kind of thing. Like a tablespoon of coffee this morning was me being wildly indulgent. I use such to flavor my smoothies on my new low oxalate plan.

And all of this, even the whey, is not that processed, from her book. Whey is a good source and it is removing the water, which doesn’t seem to damage anything. I buy a brand which posts testing results on the website, which is impressive. I can also taste the difference, now.

I’m reminded of how I was suffering on the HRT pills until I could get the bio-identical and it was like night and day. Artificial things are not the same things.