#6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-19, 10:17

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Bullying is bad bad bad. Love and support is far more productive.

I was a heavy kid... rock solid big bones, big muscles and very tall.....still made to feel inadequate. I was super strong. My sister was same height but fine bones, when she became very ill and lost a lot of weight she was called "Annie" because she looked anorexic. She regained her weight and started running again, which she has continued thru her adult life, though she carries middle age pounds along for the run well into her 50's.

Seems we are a society of critics.

I think this is one of the aspects that really irritates me. I teach a sport which means I encounter many, many bodies and I see what fatness/thinness really mean for physical ability. It means squat. One of my best students in terms of sheer athletic ability weighed probably about 300 pounds. I've had students who run out of breath picking up a pencil who are thin and "fit-looking". It matters in different ways for different activities but thin people never get dinged for being out of shape and weak. They used to and that was also not fair but, in both scenarios, it's all based on stereotype and myth. Some of the strongest people are the skinniest and vice versa.