View Single Post
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 19:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219.5/193.5/190
BF:
Progress: 88%

Really? I hear over and over again that you can't lose weight on low-carb, because "the fat you eat just gives you more to burn."

The "sustainability" of Atkins is going to vary from place to place...where I used to work, there were at least eight restaurants in the area with dishes that happen to be low-carb. I've been in my new job for six months, flying all over town every weekday at lunch, desperate to find a restaurant with even one dish that's low carb, or where substitutions are not a big problem.

Still looking. It's very frustrating and I'm gaining weight as a result. It doesn't add fuel to the fire of low-carb nonbelievers to say this; rather it strengthens our position, because it is yet more evidence that we Americans are overweight due to the high-carb restaurant culture we live in. I will state unequivocally that in Burbank, California, 91505, low-carb meals are a NIGHTMARE to put together, from the Disney commissary to Frank's Coffee Shop to the entire food court at the Media Center Mall. Please nobody tell me otherwise unless you have spent six months looking here as well.

Ditto buffets, banquets, and the like...I am NOT going to just drink a Diet Coke (I hate it anyway). Rather, I am going to eat SOMETHING if just to keep my metabolism going, not just a few nibbles of cold cuts.