View Single Post
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 07:20

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 191/152/155
BF:
Progress: 108%
Angry Accumulation ended with insults

I was always thin - came out of college at 134lbs 5'9" In my mid thirties started to gain weight that was noticable. Remember at 160 - could not stand the thought of being 160 - but could not do anything about it. Then kept blowing up until my wife and I were on a trip and she took my picture. I could not believe the stomach I had sticking out. Kept blowing up until 195lbs. That was it! I hurt around my waist everyday. Had to get 38 waist pants which never felt comfortable. My pants would always be pushed down by my belly. Then I was in a bar and this guy came in and said - gary when is your baby due? Really pissed me off - I mean really really pissed me off! Then was at my parents 50th wedding anniversary dinner and one of their old friends at the end came up to me and said - you know one thing your Dad did was maintain his weight. That stung too!

Fortunately I ran out of reading material on a business trip - picked up Atkins book and started cold turkey that next Monday April 1.

Why do I stick to LC WOE for life - The story I just related keeps rolling around my head to keep me true. Feel so much better - pains around my waist went away.