#13   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-19, 15:35

Plan: Carb reduction in general
Stats: 230/185/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl8
I really, really wish that my budget would stretch to grass-finished meat. It would if I could buy in large amounts farm-direct, but I don't have the freezer space for it (or room for an extra freezer since I live in an apartment). But the selection at the supermarket is small and very expensive.

I keep working on gradually improving the quality of food that I buy and hopefully, one day, I'll get there.

In the meantime, I'm still not giving up my beef for someone's ill-informed "plant-based" diet.

Definitely agree with this! And same problem here, the price for higher quality foods. With a lot of other needs in my budget which must be met and can't be reduced, food is something that can be and is. I've no doubt food from animals properly raised and fed is better for us and the planet and the higher costs in producing these products is justified. If they're outside of one's budget, you do the best you can with what you can afford. I got a great discount this week on a bunch of beef the store was going to throw out if not bought right away. Not the best quality stuff, sure, but a huge health improvement over the inexpensive processed carbs it's replaced.