#11   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-20, 07:48

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Fast mimicking sounds like calorie restriction? Which I know has been extensively studied -- in mice -- and people find it almost impossible to stick to.

I read interviews with a journalist several years ago where they found a small group devoted to it, but the writer was not impressed by their scary "greenish" skin tone and lack of energy. And the whole thing had a serious eating disorder vibe to me.

Anecdotally, Atkins Fast Fasters are pleased with results, and the science -- fat doesn't cause insulin to rise -- is solid still. I think it might work best when people are over their carb flu and more set up to actually burn fat. I don't think it was for Induction, but for stalls.

In the information in the link above, the low calorie day was not an everyday occurance. My understanding was it was scheduled periodicly. If it was a restricted diet everyday, it wouldnt work for me definitely, nor most people.

FAT FAST per Atkins is almost doable for me. Psycholically, 6 very small meals was a perception problem. But you are right, it was based on real experience.

The Fast Mimicking Diet linked in first post is also based on a study. First using mice, and then humans.