View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 18:49

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 143/137/120
BF:too much!
Progress: 26%

hi Hissyf,

did a double check of my Yeast Fighters bottle and it doesn't mention the ephedra so mayble TwinLabs have changed the recipe not sure. Anyhu, was talking to a health food lady the other day about TwinLab stuff and she said they do have a reputation for adding controversial ingredients and have been in trouble about it in the past which is interesting.

re. when I take them, I have a routine where I take them about an hour before I go to bed. When I first got them I started taking them in the afternoon but got so lethargic and groggy from them that I changed it, spoke to Liz about it and she recommended at night (see the my friend candida, yeah right thread).

My routine:
first thing I get up and have hot water and lemon, or a herbal tea wait about 1/2 an hour then have all my various supplements, these are:

Primadophilus (3 per day - 1 mrng, 1 lunch, 1 dinner)
Colostrum (6 per day - 3 mrng, 3 aftn)
B vitamins (Nutri-calm) (2 in mrng)
Evening Primrose Oil (6 per day - 2 mrng, 2 lunch, 2 dinner)
L-Glutamine powder (3 teaspoons per day - 1 mrng, 1 lunch, 1 dinner) then last thing I have the 5 Yeast Fighters on an empty stomach about 9pm.

I am feeling a lot better, the die off has calmed right down, just wake up a little bit heavier/drowsier than I did before.

My biggest concern is the constipation and I also find drinking lots of water quite hard to do, am worried about all the toxins floating around in my body (dead beasties) and that I'm not able to flush them very effectively. Need to work on this.

Went for a long power walk on the weekend, first time I've had enough energy for ages and it was really good except I got very heavy arms and lethargic afterwards so perhaps a bit early to start going at the exercise too hard. It's a slow process.

You mentioned feeling stuffed after taking it, if it is a really extreme heavy tiredness, foggy head, almost drunk feeling that's the die off.

Hi Grace,

not sure about your stomach flutters thing, I can have it at times, but not constantly. Often find it with certain foods or food combinations.

I was actually diagnosed quite a few years ago with IBS which I initially thought this was, but after doing much reading IBS is one of the symptoms of candida overgrowth and in fact candida can be misdiagnosed as IBS.

hope this helps
Row