#89   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 10:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 137/130/107
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default debate

Great thread - I think that its healthy to have some debate on the forum. However, I agree lets keep it to debate without the personal insults. I was enjoying Toner's input until the name-calling started - even if he did feel that it was retalitory - it just went over the top in the end.

I too have fears about the lo-carb WOE, I don't find it easy, I try to convince myself that I must give it my best shot. After all using food the way I have for the past 25 years (since I have been responsible for my own meals) has only seen my weight spiralling ever upwards, and my feelings of energy loss and unhappiness ever growing.

I think one point that Toner and some others mailing failed to recognise is that - regardless of issues of healthy v unhealthy, and even if some of us are virtuous and others are bingers - it is our choice.

We are drawn to Low-carbing because we can (within the guidelines) adjust it to fit our own bodies, lifestyles and expectations.

I value the support that the forum gives, and look forward to more healthy or for that matter unhealthy debate.

By the Way an Aero is a British chocolate bar - its filled with tiny little bubble holes (looks like a honeycomb inside). They market it by saying it is 'the lighter way to enjoy chocolate'. (and exactly who are they trying to kid)

Ironic really that Toners original premise was so full of holes!

fx