#50   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 05:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/157/125 Female 5' 2"
BF:28%/28%/20%
Progress: 14%
Default Good Morning

Hi Willeke,

Well, I realize 1000 may not be correct for lots of people, it's only 300 less than I was eating before. If you look at it that way, maybe it's not so bad.

I think I was 24 when I had my thyroid removed. At that time I was tested several times and told that what was left was working. It was not recommended that I go on any medication as long as I was able to keep my weight down. I've had it tested periodically and always told everything's fine. I just have always had one heck of a time losing, but it was always a lot easier when I was younger.

I truly have tons of energy after a week of cutting back. Yesterday, I did wind up with 1300 for the day, but my weekly average is below 1000. My carb count is 30 or less each day, and what I eat is the same as before, only a little less. I'm truly stopping eating as soon as I am full.

My mother lives with us and prepares the meals. She gets so mad a me if I don't eat everything she prepares or if I don't finish what's on my plate (she puts it all on there). My husband and my children all cringe when it's time for dinner because it's usually a three-course carb plate. We're all carb consious.

She served left-overs last night, which is why my calories went up a little for the day. Our choices were ravioli and marinara sauce, hot wings, and potato salad. Needless to say, I ate the wings which were fine from a carb point of view, but high in calories.

So, anyway, I'm still down 2 lbs for the week, which I think is absolutely great after nothing for so long. One more week, and I'll assess how well this worked. If I go back to anything, it will only be going back to not counting calories, and maintaining the 30 carbs and under.

By the way, I appreciate your concern. It's so nice to have someone who cares.