Old Sun, Dec-03-17, 01:44
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ruby
The holidays can be stressful -- Let's hang onto each other here and focus on enjoying our loved ones AND taking care of ourselves.

How about we keep this thread active into January so that whenever any of us need a helping hand we have this tool in our toolbox?

And Robynsnest, I think just by anticipating this and looking for solutions you are rehearsing for success. That was your thread, was it not, about dealing with evening eating? A lot of those tips could apply to this situation.

I completely agree with the `reduce stress' advice--all the advice and thoughtful discussion above. I think the pendulum is swinging back now about having meaningful interactions over the holidays, rather than making ourselves crazy by consumeristic holiday behaviors. So you may find support for the doing-more-with-less approach to holidaying won't make you odd-man-out.

I have learned over time that part of our responsibilities is to do the things that make us happy. Making music makes me happy, so I do that every day. Swimming makes me happy. I might try to talk myself out of going, but after twenty minutes the worst of moods begins to just fade away. I listen to music on a waterproof ipod, and leave there happy. Not saying these work for everyone, but find the things that make you happy and do some of them every day. Happiness is clearly water soluble, and needs to be replenished daily. We need it.

AA'ers have a saying: HALT, which is an acronymic reminder not to let yourself get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired. Good advice. I'm not my best self in any of those states, and it's hard to make good decisions then.