View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 06:57
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%

Ok, all joking aside... I'll see if I can't help you out for the time being until Dan gets to it:

Quote:
i work 15 reps 3 X's with 1 min. rest between. work abs, thighs (inside and out) legs, gluts, shoulders, chest, arms using machines plus this week started 15 min. on rowing machine. hate excercise but am menopausal (52), have hypothyroid, want to stay healthy.

-Hmm, your workout routine looks sound.

Quote:
weighed 208 when started (april) lost 8# initially, stalled at 200 until this week down 1# more. took measurements june 9 took again today.... lost .5"off waist, 1" off hips, .5 " off each foot! ....gained 2" on breasts & thighs, 1.5 on calves, .75 on biseps.

-It seems like you're encountering a rather annoying 'plateau'. I'm not too sure of what you're getting at with your post. Do you want to try the 'CKD' ... or... do you just want some advice as to how to continue on 'Atkins' while losing more fat- efficiently. In any case... I would recommend that you try the 'CKD' (as it will allow you to 'carb-up' on weekends- thus, breaking through rather disheartening plateau's- caused by metabolic slow down and such). Give yourself a very good understanding of it (looking around on this board for information is a good place to start). Buy 'BODYOPUS' (by Dan Duchaine) or 'The Ketogenic Diet' (by Lyle McDonald). Of course, you'll have to work out around your already (what seems to be) busy schedule. A 'CKD' requires one to workout (within the 6-8 rep range... so you'll have to bump up the weight) Monday and Tuesday. Then, you'll have to perform a circuit-training type workout- called the 'depletion workout' on Friday. If I haven't answered your question(s)... please tell me what answers it is that you are looking for.