View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-07, 13:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 236/177/135 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Now, having said that, there is some evidence that when loss slows down, you may need to adjst your calories downward (not everyone needs to - this is dependent on activity, metabolism, age, etc). Some folks suggest 10-12 times your goal weight, or your interim goal weight, is a good number to aim for. Those with higher activity levels can likely adjust that number up. Low carbers can eat more calories than a person on a lower fat diet and still lose weight, but its only like 200 or so more. Low carb is better, but its still a calorie burned vs calorie eaten equation.

Jkmfrog, I hear you.. My goal in the past - I didn't focus on it was to limit myself to 1500-1700 calories per day with a target of 1600 average (135x12). However, a couple of weeks ago, I had a week of 1800 calories with 60% fat; 30% protein; 10% carbs and I lost 3 lbs that week. I know and expect my rate of loss to slow.. It just seems I have a hard time knowing where to draw the line.

I often get hungry - not so much the last couple of days - and I keep reading how folks on LC don't get hungry. That was true in months 2 and 3 but now it's like my body has adjusted and now I get hungry a lot and I feel as if my meals don't fill me up.

I try to focus on water and herbal teas to help with the hunger. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't.

I think I need to revv up my exercising a bit and will be working to do that.