#10   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-07, 16:02

Plan: Moderate Low-Carb <100g
Stats: 130/110.2/115 Female 5'3.5
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 132%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gostrydr
That is great on the free weights Julia? It is a little addicting isn't it?

You do 90 minutes of cardio? Yikes that is ALOT...

You are correct about cardio and muscle mass. I feel the bodies ability to recuperate is finite. Too much cardio produces way to much muscle destroying cortisol.

I too don't recommend cardio on the days when one lifts. One is going to suffer. Who wants to do cardio after a brutal weightlifting routine? And again our recuperative abilities are finite.

But for some, they have to, due to time restraints or they have super recuperative abilities.

Hey, intervals don't have to be all out..especially at this point. You will advance as you keep going.

You are doing awesome! Keep lifting those weights,they'll give you the most improvement in body composition. The more muscle you have the better you will look and your metabolism will be increased.

TOTALLY addicting! Especially when my sister said to me, as I started to pick up my two year old "Jesus Christ Julie! Look at your arm muscle!" Then I got all embarrassed and didn't know where to look, but I appreciated the compliment!

So yeah, the more definition I get... the more excited I get and the more I want to do!

Cool on the intervals. What I've been doing lately is gettin' on the treadmill at 0% incline 3.0mph for about 3 minutes, then up to a 15% incline at 3.5mph for 10 minutes, or as long as I can stand it, then back down for a rest at 0% incline at 3.0, then after a bit of slowing my panting down, I'll run at 7.5mph 0% incline for 30 seconds, then walk at a 3.8 0% incline to cool down, then do the whole thing over again. Does that sound like enough? How long should I do the sequence for? I'm thinkin' an hour is much to long... maybe 40 minutes? Or is that good enough to do 20 minutes?

I know 90 minutes of cardio is too much, but, the selfish truth is, is that GYM TIME is the only MY time I ever get. My kids are in the Kid Care there and THAT is why I stay so long.... I can keep them in there up to TWO hours if I wanted, but never go over 1.5 hours. They LOVE it there and that's the great part!

So what if I did my interval stuff for as long as y'all think I should do it and then I just walk on the treadmill for the REST of the time at a super easy pace with NO incline... read a magazine or something. If I'm not going crazy balls out, THAT'S not going to ruin the muscles I've built, right?

Ysabella - BOOYAH INDEED! Lifting Sisters Unite! RARRRR!

RealDeal - Yeah, there's no way I can do cardio after the weights. I swear, I can barely move after my weights days as I do a FULL BODY weight regimen every other day. I'm fine in about an hour, but RIGHT after, forget it. So I'm sticking to weights one day, cardio the next and Sundays off from all of it.

Julia