View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-13, 09:42

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

From last year, I can recommend the fresh Brined Turkeys. The brining keeps them moist, and fresh is tastier than frozen. Just rub on butter. I make a SF cranberry sauce from the fresh bag of organic cranberries, add lots of orange zest. The cranberry chèvre log is yummy and pretty for an appetizer.

My usual quiet early Sunday shop was way busier today (no wine sold 'til noon). TJ's is loaded with Christmas gifts. Walk by the cookies and candies, there are soaps, bath salts, the four pack of mustards is back (bought extra for myself and used them all year), Christmas teas and coffees (Cinnamon Tempest, Peppermint Green Tea, spiced coffee called Winter Blend, etc.)

I noticed for the first time my store has "Just Cashew Meal" next to the Just AlmondMeal. Carbier, but looks much finer ground, more like flour. I didn't buy it as not much of baker and had not seen recipes with it (maybe it is more a gluten-free product than for LCs?) but if anyone else tries it, let us know.

btw, for the kitty people, my crazy black cat, who hates everything, including human tunafish, is in love with the cat treat from TJs! 12 years old and has never liked any brand of treat, or any wet food, gobbles these up. A complete mystery to me, but the Holistic Feline Treats do look healthy. Her coat, which has always been glossy is even thicker and shinier. https://www.benchandfield.com