View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-07, 11:37

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
The other thing that's really making it difficult to want to stay with this plan is that I've been really feeling like I'm in induction flu all the time. It's like I have to get back into ketosis every day, but I don't think I'm doing anything bad. I'm going to eliminate all carbs except vegetables and see how it goes.
I found this very interesting because when I first started low-carbing I started with Atkins. I stuck with it for about 6 months very faithfully. That "induction flu" that everyone talks about never went away for me. I was weak, fatigued, headaches and suffered from nausea most days. I read and read and kept asking people what to do that whole time. I got lots of suggestions that I tried, but nothing seemed to work and then I just got to the point where I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. So I quit, but this didn't last long because I'm diabetic and I knew low carb was the only thing that controlled my BG. Anyways, I had lost about 25 pounds on Atkins, but then had stalled after the first 2 months. I started searching for alternatives that I could actually live with for life and decided on South Beach. I lost an additional 25 pounds on South Beach in the first 2 months and then have been stalled ever since again. It seems to be a pattern for me. The whole point of my story here though, was I was like you and had lowered carbs on Atkins, but I just felt worse and worse. Somehow when I switched to SB, I started feeling great. I still do. The thing I attribute it to is the increased carbs. I've always thought my body was just weird, but I've heard this same story from a few people already. Yet there are those who do Atkins and feel great the whole time! Who knows? I think it's all an experiment to see what our individual bodies like! Hopefully we will both find out what that is exactly. Let me know how it goes when you lower your carbs, in terms of both weight loss and how you feel!