View Single Post
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-21, 08:39

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning, everyone! Happy Sunday!

Lori, it's kind of good that you had a nice, restful, napping day in the recliner. Some days like that are just good for the soul.

Sometimes I wonder if once we get to goal (and I speak with very limited experience, but you are very good at it!) we keep focusing on weight bc we are fearful of gaining AND because we don't really know how not to. LOL You know? ugh! To be a man would be wonderful in this instance!

Jaz, how often do you do laundry in a week? I made DH bring me some laundry so I could run a load bc I just didn't have much by myself. If I showered daily and used a new towel every time, then I would I guess, but I don't do that. And I also don't wash every article of clothing every single time I wear it, except things like underwear of course.

It is interesting living on my own sometimes now. First time really doing this. I've run the dishwasher only once and that was when I brought home some stuff from Goodwill and wanted to make sure it got really clean.

I hope you do go to your DD's. Those little ones are growing up so fast. They might have the sniffles but little kids pretty much do all the time in those early years. I think I read that little kids get like 10 colds a year. Go anyway!

Trig, oh my friend, a million hugs to you. My heart just broke for you, reading about your Mom asking for Elsie and how that all went down. (Btw, as an aside, my Dad's mom's name was Elsie as well. Do you have German lineage?) Oh love, your Mom at nearly 94 has had such a long life but it is never time and never easy. Sending love upon love to you. And YES get the O2 checked!

Good on your DD for getting the tree up! I dunno, ya gotta have something going on, I feel like! Plus the twinkly lights are such spirit lifters.

•••••••••••

My Mom- No, I won't visit her while she is in the rehab hospital. They are working with her and she is allowed a single visitor a day. Plus, she is so inactive otherwise that this is seriously kicking her ass. I never would have wished for her to fall or to hurt herself but she was in real need of some forced movement and activity. I'd like to think she will sustain this when she gets out of there, but she won't.

Hopefully my brother and I can go and see her in January or March, if he is able. If not, I will just go myself. Also, she turns 80 in September so we will need to recognize that. I'm assuming she will attend DS23's wedding in early September but we'll see how she and her DH are doing. He has apparently had a bit of a rough recovery from his own surgery and now wears a catheter.

I'll be playing pickleball today at 11 and then DH and I are going to visit this cool waterfront area I found, then settle in for the Ravens game this afternoon. Cozy day after pickleball. I think it will be pretty chilly to play but not too bad once I get good and moving, I hope! It was sunny but now it is getting cloudier, which stinks. A little breezy too. I'm feeling cold just looking outside now that I think about it! It should be 50º by the time we get out there though.

I was doing well losing a few pounds, but have gained back a pound and a half with DH here. It's not like he is forcing me to eat but it is definitely harder. When he is not here I don't eat out and stuff, you know? Plus I am easily influenced to make poor choices!

That's it from me!