View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-20-23, 10:22

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Having done every version of Atkins beginning in 1973, I always found that my carb limit for losing was ~30g and every attempt at adding 5g of carbs beyond 35g to find and try to stay at my 'carb limit for maintaining' led to disaster. Atkins himself stated that some peoples' CLM will never be >45g and I'm clearly one of them. I could do 40g or 50g and gain or lose nothing, but the worst part was that my hunger & cravings returned with a vengence. White-knuckle dieting & deprivation for life was how I would have to live to eat 50g a day or more. No thanks. Counting to 30g of real-food carbs does not activate my cravings, abnormal hunger pangs (& feelings of being on the verge of complete loss of control), can be done in my head so it is much easier to follow on vacations and when I'm busy. Even if I do have a rare day of >50g carbs, I can quickly recover if I'm back to under 30g the next day.

I did get in a rut of only eating <15g of carbs a day but have doubled that following Optimising Nutrition to get more nutrition, particularly micronutrients that come with other nutrients but are rarely tracked. Protein & nutrients are what keep me satiated.