#106   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 10:15

Plan: maintenance
Stats: 145/125/125 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Built -

Quote:
There has actually been the suggestion that for women, gearing training and diet to coincide with our cycle may be reasonable: testosterone peaks in a woman's body at ovulation. I intend to do some experimenting with this notion in the near future, eating more carbs around ovulation and lifting in heavier, shorter sets during this time, more compound movements, more excentric movements (all of which stimulate testosterone in male lifters) and fewer carbs with somewhat longer sets and supersets during the rest of the month. Kind of like a bulking and cutting cycle in every month. Since I enjoy bulking so much, I'm thinking this might very well give me one more thing to look forward to with ovulation...

You are a fount of information! I have been thinking the exact same thing but wasn't quite sure how to fashion the program.

Quote:
Personally, I have always dieted and worked out based upon my monthly cycle. I have found where I am in my cycle has an important effect on what I can accomplish and how I feel in terms of diet and exercise. I too have done my "bulking up" that one week before my period, because my appetite is so huge, I can eat enough to lift hard. Once my period begins, I make adjustments to my diet, because it is then that I am better at losing body fat.

imagoddess - is this covered in another thread somewhere?

-Nancy

Oh! I only lift, cardio holds no interest for me since I reached my goal weight. I waited to start BFL until I reached my 'magic' number because I just knew I couldn't handle the scale moving the 'wrong' way when I was still trying to achieve my goal. But now I know a better way to lose weight than Atkins which was lifting, aerobics (never anywhere near weights) and zig-zagging my calories.
Sponsored Links