Paleo and proud!

Plan: Paleo / Primal
Stats: 210/175.6/168 Female 70 inches
BF:40%/34.4%/30%
Progress: 82%

Hello and welcome!

One thing that you have said has raised alarm bells for me:

Quote:
Because of the dangers of too much 'bad' fat in my diet, I want to eat a low carb, low fat plan...

Eating a low fat and low carb diet implies that you would be eating a high protein diet in order to feel satisfied from your food intake. The problem with this is that too much protein can be quite bad for you, potentially putting a lot of stress on your kidneys.

Your body needs energy, and the idea behind low carb eating is that because you are reducing one source of energy, you need to increase the other source of energy, ie fats.

Contrary to common belief, saturated fat is your friend while you stick to this way of eating. As Elizellen said, butter, animal fats, olive oil, coconut oil are all good sources of good fats.

I realise that this comment comes a couple of weeks late, but I cannot stress enough how important it is to have a source of energy, and going 100% protein will not be good for you.

Try to get a copy of Protein Power by the Drs Eades and The Diet Delusion by Gary Taubes. There are many threads here and on the internet that will explain what kinds of proportions are recommended for health.

Good luck, and I hope to see you on here again soon!