View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-13, 19:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251.9/179.8/160 Female 5'6 inches
BF:43%/40%/31%/28.8%
Progress: 78%

Thanks everyone who replied i'm so glad i finally got a firm doctors appointment as i've been waiting forever to "confirm" this is a "viable" pregnancy and i go Thrusday of the upcoming week. (they had a cancelation thank goodness).
I've been eating a TON (or at least to me it feels like a ton) of food lately. I wake up eat 2-3 servings of fruit (like a cup of grapes, an apple, and a hand full of strawberries), 30 mins later i eat breakfast of bacon and eggs (though eggs haven't gone down well since i can't eat them with the yolks runny >.<), then i snack on low carb cheesecrackers, then i eat a tuna salad or a leafwrapped taco or 2, then i'm eating another apple then i eat dinner like meatloaf (i've been craving beef, ground beef to be exact and i HATE ground beef, it's pretty odd) with brussels sprouts and i even eat a second plate of dinner and before i get tired around 10pm i will probably eat a few pickles or cucumber dipped in sour cream or ranch, i sleep from about 10pm -4am at which i wake up eat something else and go back to sleep till about lunch time and repeat the process. I actually counted my carbs yesterday it was around 98carbs (i just about had my mind blown since i've been eating 20netcarbs since december of 2012 until about 2 weeks ago). The craziest thing is... i've LOST WEIGHT. I was 175lbs when i found out i was prego, when the grazing and gorging started, i've been nearly making myself sick i'm so hungry. My belly is super swollen (not pregnancy related in my opinion, just like water retention/omg i'm eating so much swollen), and yet i was 172lbs this morning when i weighed. It's unreal?!! The nutrition lady i spoke with said she isn't going to harp about the diet to me so long as i'm getting the "nutrients" i need during the pregnancy and from what she could tell whatever i was missing i seem to make up for in vitamins, however she did emphasis to NOT lose any weight, that considering i was "over weight" still i should only gain about 15-25lbs during my entire pregnancy but losing weight meant i wasn't eating enough and the baby was ripping it off my body. So as much as i'm eating i don't know what else to do without literally busting my gut with food. I've been painfully full the past 2 days. Buffets aren't even helping lol. My stomach had shrank so much while never being hungry low-carbing that i'm having to stretch it back out just to hold enough food not to lose weight.
I will say however that they upped my stool softeners and i was able to use the bathroom without tears the last time, though i still only use it about 1x a week. They are despirately trying to get me to drink Milk... but i can't bring myself to do it. I feel i'd just be drinking sugar-cow-water. (the wic program offered me 2% or1% which is the worst ones of them all anyways i would have considered whole milk but this is a deff no go.)
I do greatly appreciate the help with extra fresh veggies/fruit/eggs/cheese and PB.
I am tempted to add a possible "bean" to my diet to help up the carbs and maybe actually fill my tummy up without feeling i'm going to burst. Something like a black eyed pea or lima bean? I just don't want to crave a bunch of sugar and starch once i'm not pregnant so i deff don't plan on eating wheat or table type sugars at all period. I guess technically i'd be Paleo minus "grains" and overly starchy veggies.

I can already tell though how much i've missed fruit and how hard that habbit will be to break afterwards.

I still take a 1-aday-vitamin, magnesium, omega 3, vitamin d3, and now a stool softener a day, and on days i eat a lot of protein i take 2 stool softeners. So far it seems to work but i just fear needing these post-baby. I know a friend who got addicted to them and now she can't use the restroom without the strongest laxative they make. (she had an eating disorder though).
Its just good to have a place to vent and hopefully i'm out of ketosis, but if not i'm gonna try to get up to around 100net carbs and see if i can stop losing weight. Not gaining is fine, but i don't want my baby to be starving of anything. The leg cramps have gotten worse and 2 gallons of water aint working so i gotta try something. I will back up on the protein and see if it helps. Thanks everyone again for the imput!