View Single Post
  #243   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-21, 15:49
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I was expecting to be posting some good news after this 2nd follow-up CAC scan. Unfortunately, my new score leaves me with more questions than answers. I was initially highly suspect of my 54% drop between the first two scans, but since that 2019 follow-up I'd convinced myself that the results were accurate and I had achieved something rarely seen.

My scores:

347 - January 2017
158 - May 2019
273 - September 2021

So either one of those first two CAC scans was wildly inaccurate or I've really messed up something with my lifestyle the past 2 years. If the 2017 score was accurate, then I've still had a reduction. If the 2019 scan was right then I've had more than a 15% progression over the past 28 months. This isn't what I was hoping for. Looks like I'll need another 2 years to sort this out. I'd thought that 3 data points would be enough. I am pleased that all 3 scores are under the 400 cut-off for "Extensive Plaque Burden". My scores are all in the moderate rate.

Of note: I went the the same hospital clinic and had the same technician for the 3rd time in a row. But they changed machines again between 2019 and now. Both of my first two scans were done on 64 slice machines, but they had "upgraded" the machine to a different manufacturer before my 2019 scan. The machine they have now is a 256 slice Phillips. It should provide much better detail. As I did last time, I've requested that they give me the image data on CD.