Old Thu, May-16-19, 19:53
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Day 9 of 90

No snacking days: 4

Didn't track. Ate two good OP means plus a keto strawberry shortcake & SF ice cream. It was my wife's Birthday. Carbs and calories likely on the higher side. I had a disappointing visit with my PCP. The first thing she mentioned was that I was up a few pounds from last year. Then she pushed the statin prescription on me again due to elevated LDL cholesterol. She didn't care to hear anything that I had to say about it. She expressed exasperation that I continue to disregard her advice. I was exasperated as well as I did follow her advice for 6 months after last year's checkup. I chased good cholesterol numbers by eating too many carbs and put on some weight in the process. I had to prove to her with my fitness tracker records that I was still exercising regularly. I'm in the top 1% for my age group in average daily steps for crying out loud. She is definitely of the 'eat less, exercise more' mindset. Sorry Doc - that IS NOT how I lost the weight and you should know that by now! The relationship is becoming strained. I also found out that my A1C had jumped from 5.1 last year to 5.6 this year. Not good. I was eating the VLC/High Protein/No Fiber/Plant free diet plan for the months leading into this A1c. I felt great and lost some weight, but apparently that's not a good plan for me. Something made my blood sugar rise and it had to be too much protein. I need to rethink my diet plan going forward. I'm thinking net carb keto (more fiber), higher fat and limited protein. One good thing that came from my annual checkup was that my doctor gave me the go-ahead for another CAC Heart Calcium scan. I had one done over two years ago and I've been wanting a follow up to see if my WOE has put the breaks on CVD progression. I'll have that done in the coming weeks.