#9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-03-16, 07:43

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
Thanks so much for this new thread Janet. I don't know how you do all you do. You must live on this site.

Life has been busy enough lately that I'm still reading the book. Yes there is some repetition, but good repetition, with slightly different slants.

My ex has a doctorate in Technical Education, and used to be a course writer and developer for self-study online computer courses. He said the basic mantra followed in those courses could be distilled into three steps:
1) First tell them what you are going to tell them.
2) Then tell them.
3) Then tell them what you told them.

Lots of repetition made a lot of difference in retention. Dr. Fung has a lot of stuff to tell that flies against the face of "conventional wisdom" so repeating a few times in slightly different ways makes good sense as a way to drive his points home.

I think repetition is a good thing when it comes to something that appears to be self-evident like calories in calories out. I have had to go over and over that in my mind and read Taubes "Why We Get Fat" a few times and I still have to go over it in my head to make sure I have it straight. I haven't read Fung's book yet but I ordered it and it should arrive any day.

Jean