View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 20:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/182/154 Female 5"4'
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi Everyone, interesting information
I have followed Dr.Atkins for the past 30 years. My mother turned me onto the diet. She found it late in her life when the damage was already done. Obesity, high bp, diabetes. I feel totally blessed to have eaten this way for most of my like. I would fall off like we do on any diet and get right back on.

I am 52 years old just passed a physical for 300,000 dollars life insurance. I am a gold member. My H was never overweight and as eaten sugar all his life, I noticed his belly and face started to look swollen, his belly was that high kind of a belly, went to MD blood piicture has unfortunately started to change high sugar, high bp, high cholesterol, change in liver function. Very quickly I switched him to Atkins. The sick looking pot belly that he started to get the swollen face has gone he was developing what they call syndrome X just eliminating the sugar he feels better more energy. Within 3 months BS normal BP normal will get retested by insurance company to see if they can come up with a better rate for him he isnt a gold member yet.

I am so glad that Dr. Atkins stuck to his guns and that research is happening to make it conclusive. I just wish I started H earlier and I am now encouraging the kids in that direction. I know they are watching and some things I do have already rubbed off. They dont like the bun with the hamburger

Loretta