View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-16, 13:41
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I've just recently come of my Metoprolol (beta-blocker) and know suspect it was what caused me a 6 year stall at the weight of 170: no gains; no losses, and I was eating low-carb as I always had without cheating. Then my Mom and brother took ill and traveling caused me to put on all I had lost over the period of 1 year.

I'm now on 2.5 mg Lisinipril (lowest dose they make) for a week, and have ever so much more energy. Had to tell my doc about that, too! Didn't realize the metoprolol was causing the fatigue. Grrrrrrr. My doc said I may even not need ANY blood pressure med and may take me of it entirely, if my walking and dieting continues to improve my health. I have lost 20# effortlessly in the last 5 months on Carb Nite Solution and I also incorporate one 24hr fast a week, with occasional random fasting from 6pm to 12 noon through breakfast). I change it up all the time, because I don't want my very adaptive body to catch on as to what food intake it will get on any given day. This seems to be key for me to be able to lose.

I feel better than I have in 8 years!! This is about how long I was on the beta-blocker!! My last doc wouldn't discuss dropping it; my new doc is receptive to listening to her patients and was amenable to changing my med, but she said she didn't think it would make one iota difference in weight loss (said it was likely just age and excess weight) as the weight gain side effect was not so common with Metoprolol. Time will tell as to who is right.

Now all I take is the 1 Lisinipril a day, Vitamin D3 and K2 (calcium uptake regulator).