View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-13, 18:40

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Defective metabolism, heh? Did I mention that I wrote a series of essays titled Paradigm with the central premise that normal metabolism starts with ketones?

I can see how cancer is just one disease. But I can also see how it can be caused by a multitude of things from tobacco to aflatoxin. I see it as an initial cause, then a growth medium. No, scratch that, it's good but too simplistic. I think I have a better idea. Evolution could not occur without genetic mutations. From those mutations, those that make the organism better adapted to the pressures of life survive, those that make this organism worse die off. Cancer would be one such bad mutation. This doesn't mean it's all about genetics. No, instead there must be a cause for the mutation in the first place, and it's not genetic. Genes don't just go askew for no reason. They are the product of billions of years of natural selection.

So, first premise is that the creation of cancer happens all the time, but can only grow if the medium is just right. Second premise is that without this growth medium, we still have a ton of other genetic mutations which make it difficult for bad mutations to take hold, and cancer does not grow. Third premise is that with just the right growth medium to muck things up, one bad cell is all that's needed. And final premise is that we don't have enough beneficial genetic mutations to take care of such a growth medium. If we did, we wouldn't even know about cancer.