View Single Post
  #453   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-22, 09:04

Plan: DDF, P:E
Stats: 237.5/179.4/150 Female 64
BF:55.7%/47.5%/?
Progress: 66%

[QUOTE=JEY100]That sound great..glad CrossFit is working for you. I can't see myself at 71 doing it but admire anyone who can!

I'm 68 and been a computer nerd couch potato most of my adult life. I knew I had to do something as I could barely make it up the stairs. One gym here was offering a "Reborn" class, for those that are challenged, very sedentary, etc...and that's where I began, 3 times a week. Three weeks ago i began attending a normal class and found I could hold my own. They still modify my exercise as compared to the young folks but I'm now RUNNING! Me, running...never thought I'd get this far. So now I'm working out Mon thru Fri with an occasional Saturday morning.

The macros prescribed to me were 135g protein, 125g carbs and 48g fat. I end up over 100g protein, 40g or so of carbs and well under the 48g of fat. I'm losing consistently now where I wasn't before.

I have Dr Naiman's book and may revisit that if time permits today. Maybe I've been doing DDF all wrong?

My A1C before the gym was 4.7, so BG has not seemed to be an issue for me. I'm do for my annual soon, I think. Wonder what it will be now?

Thanks for your comments. I always find them helpful.