View Single Post
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-18, 06:13

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

The end of June I won a MyZone fitness belt in my gym. I only had it a couple days before I went on my road trip. When I got back, I had some issues with it not recording right. Like not recording the first 15 minutes of a workout. Or only the first 20 of my rink workout. This thing is supposed to record data and upload it to my gym and an app on my phone or sync with my Apple Watch.

It is not as straightforward as it should be. The Hubs went into full engineering test mode. Had to end up resetting it and doing some testing. It took almost two weeks to get the thing working right. All the while I am getting frustrated because it’s not recording all my effort.

How it works is that you get MEPs (MyZone Effort Points) based on your heart rate percentage.
Red: 90-100% = 4 MEPs/min
Yellow : 80-89%= 4 MEPs/min
Green: 70-79%= 3 MEPs/min
Blue: 60-69%= 2 MEPs/min
Gray: 50-59%= 1 MEP/min

It keeps track of all your “Moves” (workouts) and tally’s the MEPs for each day/week/month/year. There is a leaderboard at my gym with the top 20 MEP getters of the month. Late last week, I showed up at #18. Jumped up to #16 on Friday. Was sitting at #17 yesterday with one day left in the month.

As of yesterday, I had 3144 MEPs. #1 has 4754. Not too shabby for me considering I was on vacation for 8 days at the beginning of the month and the belt was not recording right the first week & a half. Next month should be interesting to see where I shake out.