#97   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-14, 16:58

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
You can run through the lectures in order as Liz explained well, or also check the subject Tag Cloud on the right. (Bigger letters, more links)
Yeah, I did know the "bigger meant more links" - I just prefer more "old-fashioned" indexes like the one on my blog which just lists all the topics and then in parens show how many entries for that topic. Tag Clouds are just too annoyingly frou-frou for me, .
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
The one on Artificial Sweeteners has the diet soda studies, the splenda-insulin study may be in the lecture on that tag, but here it is: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/261179.php I think he also had a study where just the sweet taste on the tongue, even if the food was spit out, caused an insulin response.
His attitude towards towards AS comes through loud and clear in that diet soda blog post under that tag.
I did look at his entry. I don't drink diet soda or any sweetened sort of drinks. I don't like the taste of sweet drinks in general.

I mean he talks (in one of the things I read) about how eating something like quinoa alone causes a much bigger insulin spike than if it's buffered with fat (I'm talking from memory so may have the facts a little skewed, so hope you get the general gist). And since I only use AS (and never splenda) with plenty of fat I've wondered if that has an impact as well.

Anyway, all hypothetical at this point since I'm just thinking about it, and it will be weeks before I have an internet connection that can support watching videos.