View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-16-20, 12:26

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

You have good points.

Dr Amen has been my go to resource for ADD. He is a remarkably kind and thoughtful doctor. One not afraid to buck the system.

After years of treating clients and family, his focus is correct diagnosis as treatment for one area of the brain could hurt other areas. Causing greater dysfunction. He's also interested in food, supplements and exercise first. And use of pharmaceticals second.

Thru his book I saved my son from suicide when the medical -behavioral health system sent him home after an emergency eval.

I had been reading Healing ADD, and realized it was worth taking the risk of following Dr Amen,s advice.

Supplemental L-tyrocine and SAMe pulled my son thru.......

He doesnt make friends easily, didnt have a constant playmate. Kept his head down at school. Then with the start in a new school , H. S., he found his passion, and friends. And gaming. The SAMe was no longer necessary and he now had a precription for Concerta. There are a few other supplements and food choices that help,too.

The gaming goes on even during lockdown. 3-4-5 nites a week he is gaming and practicing social skills with boys he knows from school.

He struggles more than most kids, but he is now happy and jokes and smiles. His interaction is smoother most times.

Im praying he continues to feels like he belongs, and isnt on the outside looking in.

(He gives me permission to share his story. And I do so in hopes of giving others hope.)