View Single Post
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-15, 12:47

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

We've seen studies showing weight loss for those in HCLF and those in LCHF. The ones to which I'm referring used Atkins as the diet for the LC group. While both groups showed a weight loss over time, the most successful was the Atkins group. The LF group also lost weight, and while successful, did not lose as much as the Atkins group. However, the Atkins group had more positive numbers with higher HDL and lower TGs. So, while insulin resistance may have decreased in both groups, the LC group had better numbers.

That's why I'm intrigued with the rice diet, and I'm amazed that anyone could ever follow it (without being whipped) and am extremely curious about how one fares in two scenarious: a) after a successful period on the rice diet with weight lost and BP controlled, attempting to go back to a SAD (it was mentioned that people could resume normal eating without any reoccurrences of previous conditions), and b) whether anyone could make the rice diet a long-term WOE??? I think not, but then some of my assumptions have changed after reading about Kempner's program.