#13   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-13, 09:42
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

I call BS from my own situation.

I have for a good portion of my life on a high carb, low fat, limited meat. Collegiate Athlete.

I got insulin resistance, started eating meat more but still was having with meduim carb meals. Working out as usual

Weight still ballooned and insulin resistance turned to type 2 diabetes. Tried inbtween to loose the weight with all the various plans.

Then I did Dr Bs plan as I am Type 2 diabetic. Went off my medications before I started.

Within a matter of 2 weeks my blood sugars normalized to pre diabetic levels.

I went in 2 months for blood testing, without loosing all my weight, from a 6.8 to a 5.8 with a fasting FBG of 105.

I have since cut out diary (ie creams, cream cheese, sour cream)

Recently started testing my BGs again a couple of days ago.

Now today for the second day in a row, I woke up with a FBG measuring of a 94,93.

Personally, I feel this all has to do with money. Money in the various areas of the food industry. Money in research. Money, Money, Money.

I watched a link by a doctor(who turned type 2 diabetic and did LC diet to get it under control) in canada and they asked him. Why do you think the ADA(American diabetes association) is not embracing the low carb solution.

He said plainly (summarizing) there is no money in it. And in order to prove the theory, which is what they want, you have to run fairly big trials for them to take you seriously. Why would anyone invest in those trials with no money to be made from the results. That all the person has to do is switch their diet.