#11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-13, 15:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoatime
Personally, I feel like I am close to a head explosion due to conflicting information. I wonder if rather than focus on specific food groups that "cause" diabetes, heart disease, etc, which is a difficult study to do well anyway, it makes more sense to focus on first determining the root causes of obesity, which is intrinsically related to the other two diseases. What I really want is for the western medical establishment to acknowledge the things we already know and discuss on this forum, rather than repeating the same tired conclusions over and over, using poor science and methods we debunked 30 years ago. /rant
I know what you mean about all the conflicting information, mind boggling isnt it!!!

The cause of obesity is fairly obvious to me - too much sugar, too much food available. When I was a kid, we didnt have "wall to wall" chocolate/candy bars, biscuits/cookies, snacks, cakes, sugary drinks. We werent able to buy that stuff anywhere and everywhere. No drive thrus, fast food places, takeaways. Breakfast cereals were plain cornflakes, wheat etc - yes, carby, but none of this added sugar/flavouring stuff.... We have bred a generation or two now who are introduced to sugar/carb addiction at a very young age and as with all addictions the quantities keep increasing - as does the damage they cause

Jo xxx