View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-19, 08:50
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Today I am 12 days into a 'plant free' N=1 diet tweak. It is sort of a dirty effort at a carnivore diet. I'm eating commercially produced meat (mostly red), eggs, & dairy. No plant products. I'm even avoiding OO, coconut oil, cocoa, black pepper and other plant based spices. The one exception is my morning coffee.

There is no fiber in my current diet at all. None. This is quite the switch for me as I have been averaging 30+ grams of fiber daily for a couple of years. When I first started upping the fiber I remember it taking me a long time to adjust to it. Insoluble fiber felt like gravel in my gut. Constipation was an issue that came and went from time to time. So was bloating and gas. Gas was a problem the whole time I was doing the high fiber thing. I'd become an old fart -- literally.

The new diet plan has changed a few things. Gas, bloating, and constipation are not problems any more. My body seemed to complain a lot when adding the fiber. It didn't complain at all when I suddenly dropped it. My BMs are regular, but without all that added bulk a BM every other day has been the norm. I'm eating less, enjoying greater satiety between meals, and I'm slowly losing weight again. I'm feeling good and I'm in total control. The transition to this new diet plan has been remarkably smooth. I didn't expect it to be this easy. Fiber? I think that it's overrated.

My initial plan of this N=1 was to do it as sort of an elimination diet for 30 days, then add back some plants one at a time to see if I notice any intolerances. I'm thinking twice about that. Fiber free feels pretty good so far.