#6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-10, 14:53

Plan: Kwasniewski
Stats: 125/118/120 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnrea
are you sure that you are giving your daughter a level of autonomy about her diet that's appropriate to her age?

Well, this wouldn't have come around if I hadn't decided back in 2005 that I was going to get serious about healthy eating and proceeded to axe all fat and most meats from our diet. I initiated a disastrous eating plan and now I'm responsible for fixing it. She's confused about what to do - as I have been...

From low-fat-high-fiber-spinach-salad-hold-the-dressing to buttered-bacon-side-of-cream? We've both been bewildered.

I wanted to give her the ratio and let her figure it out, so I bought and installed Calculus Victus (Optimal Diet meal planning software) and she plans her own menus. She's been pretty needy about reassurance, and hasn't been entirely happy with the results of the diet, as I indicated. I think she also gets pretty discouraged and doesn't have the time to do the research, so I investigate and pass suggestions along. I try to stay out of it as much as I can.

We have a very good relationship (most of the time). Your point is a good one; trust me, it's no fun talking to a teen girl about her body.