View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-18-16, 13:01

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I just saw it...not bad. A little history of its use in epilepsy and diabetes, his usual awful visuals(bad) showing foods turning into sugar (not so bad). Dr. Axe said Ketosis re-sets insulin levels, something he recommends when nothing else helps to lose weight but only for 30-90 days. Then they bring on three women who have been on it for a year one petite little thing who lost 75 pounds, a woman who lost 60 and her family 250. Sure that Axe's only use short term idea went right out the window for most viewers.

Then for the practical "what you eat" segment it was Drew Manning, the Fit2Fat2Fit guy. Has BPC for breakfast, eggs & bacon for lunch, bacon cheeseburger for dinner. Looked relatively high in protein but i didn't bother to work it out. And as the popular version goes, he said you have to eat 75% fat, which is not true if you have a lot of body fat to lose.

Dr. Oz closed with his thoughts 1. that it is not as sustainable as the other diets used on his show and 2. a problem eating "all that fat" IF you later fall off and eat high fat and high carb. I actually think this is a valid point, because so many media stories now write about "fat is back" and "bacon is ok" they often dont emphasize that LOW carb has to go with that.