View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-17, 11:21

Plan: Atkins 20
Stats: 237.6/150/155 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 106%
Default Thanks for sharing maintenance challenges

I am only 15 pounds away from goal weight (and, to put a glass-half-full spin on a problem I have, an upcoming surgery at the end of March is going to knock 10 pounds off, according to my docs (humongous fibroids)) So I am starting to think about maintenance for me and my partner (who has lost about 75 pounds and is pretty much at his goal weight).

I just want to thank everyone who has shared there stories of "I lost a ton of weight and then went off the wagon, and here I am again." Because I think I'd like to learn from other people's mistakes rather than my own in this regard. Your honesty is appreciated!

I'm wondering if long-time maintainers could share examples of how they found their "maintenance carb number" and what has and hasn't worked as they experimented with either new foods or more carby foods or different balances of fats to carbs. I've read a lot so I do know the general ideas (upping fat rather than carbs or proteins, only eating when hungry, occasional fasting, etc.) But I'm wondering about individual tricks and tips, particularly with regard to holidays, and travel... I am sort of thinking that "no cheating" and just staying the course is the best strategy for me, but how have you changed direction if you've gone wrong?

I'd love to see this maintainers area have more traffic in it! Because I am throwing out my fat clothes and don't want to have to rebuy them!!!!
Sponsored Links