View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Mon, May-11-20, 19:48

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

We used to see a lot of wild rabbits, but since coyotes and burmese pythons have migrated here, I hardly ever see one.

I live between a protected wetlands and a salt water lagoon, I've also seen fox, bobcat, raccoons, opossums, gopher tortoises, and a variety of other wildlife in my back yard. Plenty of birds too, from little buntings to 4' tall sandhill cranes.

I think they like it because it's mostly meadow filled with whatever grows wild here. The things i planted are natives and long established non-invasive plants that once established need no care other than what mother nature provides. I also chose plants that feed the nectar, seed, and berry eaters.

A neighbor tried chickens, but the coyotes got them all.

I keep the area around the house and the road shoulder mowed, that's it. It's mostly wild grasses plus whatever was planted before I moved here. I do not water or fertilize it.

The Indian RiverKeeper paid me a visit, and told me my yard is perfect for the health of the lagoon.

So I'm doing something for mother nature and since it's relatively care free, I'm doing something for myself as well.

Bob