View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-19, 13:43

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
To bring the list up ONE more notch.... reduce the bacon amount, or use nitrate free; eat grass fed beef for that "red meat" , and make those fats lard and tallow from grass fed livestock and dump the processed seed oils.

I've tried and it's impossible unless you are extremely rich.
I buy bacon for $3.29 pp, organic would be twice that price. We go through 2-3 packs per week.
Organic chicken unless you raise it yourself (truly don't feed them GMO corn or standard antibiotics in the chicken scratch) costs $12-14 for one chicken when I can buy a whole regular chicken for $4.
Beef, organic grass fed is a little idealistic considering the grass stops growing in the winter or when they days shorten, even in South America where a lot of the grass fed is imported from. Sprouts gets theirs from Uruguay. Unless you grow your own hay you are buying hay and it costs lots of bucks.
But even with growing our own hay, to have a good protein content, costs to poison weeds and fertilize the grass costs a TON of $$. There is no profit, lets just say you don't even break even.
Everybody who raises cattle has to do something else for actual income to support the cattle.