View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-13, 18:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 289/272.6/170 Female 5'10''
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default hard to lose weight- thyroid check

Not sure if I should post this under newbie questions or thyroid issues, might post under both. I believe I have an under active thryroid. I have never been tested and have an appt in 2wks to see a Dr to check it. I don't have insurance so I will be paying $110 cash for the office visit and then whatever the lab fees are. I wanted to be tested b/c I have had trouble losing weight for about 15 yrs. Diet after diet and no considerable amount of weight lost. The only time I was able to lose 65lbs was when I was taking phetermine, but my BP was so skyrocket high, I knew this might kill me. Of course, I gained all the weight back and then some.
I have been doing LC for 5wks now and lost 13 lbs. My interest for checking my thryoid is to rule out this is one of the issues that is standing in my way of losing weight. My other symptoms are: dry skin, low body temperature, fatigue and difficulty losing weight. Please help me decide if I should follow through with paying the money to check out this issue?
Sponsored Links