View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-18, 10:45

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default On-Ice Thurs pm

We have an hour ice. First half is do your own thing. Second half is supposed to be group practice with instruction. Our coach didn’t have any time for us until June. She arranged for a substitute for this session (through May), but that coach has showed up once in 4 weeks.

It was just me and Chelsea. Our coach offered to give us the cards, but we are both high enough level and motivation that we could do our own thing.

First half, I worked on edges and power. Most notably the patterns from the USFS Adult Silver Moves in the Field. The power pulls and cross stroke patterns were pretty strong. The spiral pattern was better than I thought it would be with the first 2 in each side being pretty strong. My off ice efforts have really paid off here. They got progressively smaller (the circles) as I went on, but still quite happy with that. The 8 step Mohawk pattern was surprisingly strong even on my week side. The only real thing I struggled with was one of the 3 turn patterns. The other 3 were small but all the turns were turned. Progress!

Second half. I did freestyle skating (jumps & spins).

Started with jumps - 3 each:
Waltz
Salchow
Toe loop
Loop (8 with focus on jump out over the blue line)

Spins 3 each:
Forward scratch/1foot
Sit spin
Camel
Backspin (7)

Random other stuff
Ina Bauer - 3
Hydro blades 3 each right & left. Noticing improvement in both. Right is definitely lower & stronger.
Outside spread eagles (immediately turned into inside ones despite my off ice practice)
Falling Leaf - my attempts were pretty sad

In the last 2 mins before the zamboni I attempted to do my Bronze Free Skate program. Got 3/4’s through it before time was up. Pretty happy with the amount of stamina I had to do it for the end of the session. I think I could of finished if I had 30 more seconds. Just had my sit spin and last jumping pass left.