View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-19, 05:17

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%
Default Our ancestors were carnivorous super-predators: a vegan debunking

Yes, maybe I took my recent, work-related, holiday lunch from the vegan caterer personally!

This is the second year the organizer ordered from them, but THIS year took feedback from my co-workers: and included real meat and cheese sandwiches. They were marked with the company's name, Boar's Head, a NYC favorite of mine. This helps the vegans not touch the deadly meat, I suppose

Despite my request, this person got me a sandwich on gluten-free bread. I think it was turkey (skimpy and I hope it was real) and cheese (paperthin and I hope it was not soy) along with 1.5 inches of unknown vegetation and sauce. Despite eating only the sandwich guts because I'm low carb, I still got 10% of a reaction, which turned me off the other sandwiches. Usually I eat 2-3, sans bread.

We got rice crackers, which I wasn't even tempted to try, since all the dips were BEANS. Not even a cheese plate!

Damn vegans.

In a 2016 article, Our ancestors were carnivorous super-predators, so do we really have a choice about eating meat? I found a lot of good information I wanted to share.

Quote:
Yet the decisions we make about what to eat are a complicated affair. They’re never a simple case of eat what’s best for your health or what naturally suits our physiology.

Except that IS what we are all supposed to DO, isn't it?

Quote:
Our ancestors evolved to be super-predators, with meat eating and sharing a key survival strategy for our kind for millions of years. So do we really have a choice to eat meat today?

What I really dislike about vegans, and what makes me regard it as more of a cult than a choice, is how they spread lies about meat eating, and try to restrict what WE eat. Last year I ate a cheese salad from the offerings. It was okay. I know the organizer is trying to "be healthy" but it's not. And it's sure not festive.

In fact, vegan food is the most destructive way to eat for one's digestive system. From staying away from soy, gluten, and beans, I'm experiencing my best health in years. So I know SOMETHING that doesn't agree with me got put in ALL the sandwiches. I didn't dare eat more of it.

Quote:
Much of the dietary advice found on the internet might be well meaning, but a substantial amount of it is misleading and frequently smacks of anti-intellectualism.

The debate about meat, and whether we humans have evolved to eat it, has to be one of the best examples of bullshit seen on the web.

Growing up as a bookworm with an interest in anthropology, it was a GIVEN that not only were humans meat-eaters, it was the development of cooking and hunting skills which grew our big brains. On protein. On fat. Like the Inuit, or the Sami, who never got the amount of vegetable matter in their diet questioned because they knew what they ate. Aside from seeking out new greens in the spring, plant material was scarce near the poles. That's a fact.

Quote:
Far too often it tries to rewrite our evolutionary history by invoking pseudoscience.

Some pro-vegetarian or vegan-promoting websites mistakenly claim that humans shouldn’t eat meat because we evolved to be herbivores.

The substance of their arguments is often traceable back to the influential but pseudoscientific views of vegan physician Milton R. Mills.

Quote:
Our human ecological and life-history strategy evolved around acquiring and sharing hard-to-catch, but large pay-off foods such as big mammals and fish.

To claim we shouldn’t eat meat because we aren’t anatomically identical to carnivores demonstrates a profound misunderstanding of how evolution has worked.

Read the whole thing, there's lots of good stuff. Not as accurate I would like, but then, I do a lot of informed sources and I guess the writer doesn't. But I appreciate someone "mainstream" tackling the history.

The best delving can be found here:

We Must Reclaim Human Health, Sustainability, Environmental Justice, And Morality From The Birdseed Brigade in case you are not familiar with this site. Block out some time, great stuff there.

You're welcome!
Sponsored Links