#52   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-19, 07:34

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
Like over 99% of the population, I've never had a problem with gluten. I do have a problem with the carbs that come with bread though.

Funny, I bought some new toothpaste and on the label it says "gluten free". I never knew a toothpaste that had gluten in it. I think gluten free is great for those with the sensitivity, but I also think it's a bit of a fad right now. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

Bob

"Gluten is used as a binder, thickening agent and stabilizer in toothpaste, and most people ingest some toothpaste every time they brush their teeth even when careful not to swallow it. This is a problem for people with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity because it can trigger an immune response and damage the small intestine."

Where did you get your information about over 99% of the population not being sensitive to gluten? As a person who is sensitive to gluten but does not have celiac disease, I suspect that the percentage of people for whom gluten is a problem is much higher. It wasn't too long ago that non-celiac gluten sensitivity was considered false. Today's so-called fad may turn out to be tomorrow's truth.